Online Producer, Creative Loafing Atlanta
March 2008 – January 2011
Managed CMS upgrade and redesign of Creative Loafing Atlanta website (June 2010)
- Coordinated with design team, providing multiple wire-frames with extensive documentation.
- Coordinated development of site with contracted developers.
- Developed templates and CSS stylesheets for new site.
- Managed integration of social networking elements (Facebook widgets, Twitter widgets, etc.)
- Managed newsletter development and deployment .
Served on 4-person Editorial Leadership team, which helped Creative Loafing Atlanta emerge from chapter 11 bankruptcy (October 2009)
- Participate in budget planning meetings with publisher, sales director, marketing director, and distribution director.
- Propose digital, mobile and interactive strategies for CL Atlanta’s 2010 strategic plan
- Direct CL Atlanta’s online initiatives and manage CL Atlanta’s online staff
Direct the transformation of CL Atlanta’s website from a weekly publishing cycle to a daily publishing cycle (April 2009)
- Code proposed design in HTML/CSS.
- Build modules to accommodate special packages of content.
- Rebuild section portals to accommodate daily publishing by incorporating custom database queries as well as blog feed integration.
- Manage content publishing schedule in coordination with section editors.
- Coordinate creation of new blogs for editorial.
Overall Tasks and Responsibilities
Manage content publishing and deployment
- Coordinate with online media assistant in production of content.
- Deploy special sections and packages with customized layouts and configurations.
- Coordinate with section editors, managing editors, and editor-in-chief in production of special issues.
- Manage daily production of stories, blog posts, audio podcasts, and videos.
Enforce implementation of web standards and protocols
- Educate staff on issues pertaining to web publishing (etiquette, copyright, W3 standards).
Develop library of modules for content presentation on the various content portals on CL’s website
- Code widgets and components using EV HTML language, XHTML and CSS.
Manage web analytics reports
- Examine weekly and monthly audience reports from various sources (Google Analytics, Quantcast, Facebook analytics, YouTube Analytics, Clicky Analytics).
Manage implementation of social networking strategies
- Increase participation of Creative Loafing Atlanta in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Research emerging social networks where CL’s content might have an audience (Tumbler, StumbleUpon, Gowalla, FourSquare).
Produce original content for Creative Loafing Atlanta website
- Write original articles, blog posts and reviews.
- Produce and edit audio for audio-slideshow presentations
- Produce, direct, and edit web videos
Coordinate online marketing efforts
- Launch segmented newsletter campaigns.
- Design and code newsletter templates.
- Coordinate and strategize newsletter programs
Online Producer, Creative Loafing Media
January 2006-March 2008
- Prepare and execute production of the family of websites in the (now defunct) CL Media network.
- Brainstorm ways to present special content ( BMF: Hip Hop’s shadowy empire, by Mara Shalhoup; this story won first place in the 2007 AltWeekly Awards for Website Content Feature, category 60k+ circulation).
- Produce multimedia audio slide shows, podcasts, and image galleries as online added bonus editorial content.
- Prepare promotional and editorial pages using search engine optimization techniques.
- Managed production, implementation, and publication of the editorial blogs using the WordPress MU Content Management System.
- Created original content, such as articles, lists, graphics and photographs.
- Contributed writing and reporting for News/Music departments as well as contributing photographer.